Friday, March 2, 2012

Valentina’s Story

1.) Imagine that you were Valentina. What would you do or say if you were confronted by Bagaruka in the village after the genocide?
    I would probably wouldn’t stand up and say stop cause I would be to afraid. I guess I would give him the money and hope for the best that I didn’t die. If I did stand up I would probably die even though it is for a good cause for the people I still couldn’t do it. Just give the money and hope for the best.

2.) Put yourself in the shoes of Denis Bagaruka. How could you kill all of these innocent people? What would you have to do to create a mindset that would make it possible for you to murder innocent women, men, and children?
    I really don’t think I would be able to kill all those people. I guess to get my mindset to do that I would have to get big power and ruling over the country. Still it is very wrong it would be hard to convince me to kill innocent people.

3.) What kind of punishment should Bagaruka be given?
    I think Bagaruka should be sentenced to death he killed people so his life should be taken away too.

4.) Try to put yourself in Valentina’s shoes. It is three years after the end of the genocide. In what ways does the genocide still impact your daily life?
    I bet every day a tustsi can still make fun of her and think that they are better then her. Also I probably would be scarred for life seeing people die right in front of your face that is hard to get out of your head. It would be hard to trust people again knowing they could easily take your stuff or life away right before your eyes.

No comments:

Post a Comment